How to Use Stud Finder Pro:
NOTE: It's important that you move the iPhone slowly and to "Calibrate" (touching the "Calibrate" button) after metal is detected and before moving on to find another stud. You must also recalibrate every time you start a new pass.
1) Hold back of iPhone flat against the surface keeping contact with the wall.
2) Calibrate iPhone by pressing the calibrate button.
3) Watch the bars for fluctuations which would indicate the presence of metal. When fluctuations are detected, this will indicate that metal is within a close proximity of the iPhone. At this point, proceed slowly until the bars join together in the center followed by an audio signal (indicating metal detection).
4) Watch the bars for fluctuations which would indicate the presence of metal. When fluctuations are detected, this will indicate that metal is within a close proximity of the iPhone.
5) If on the first pass no metal is detected, go back to your original starting position, move the phone up or down one (1) phone length, re-calibrate and repeat step 3 above.
6) Repeat step 5 above until you hear the notification chime signifying that the iPhone has detected metal beneath the surface.
Good as a picture-framing tool
And a Great addition to your iPhone application library!
- Hang Pictures
- Crown Molding
- Good for plaster walls
- Interior Decorating
- Home Building